Summer is most people’s favorite season of the year… especially if you’re in school. And all too soon, it comes to an end. There’s nothing better than getting together with your friends and family one last time and reliving the adventures and stories of a great summer gone by. To make the experience “legendary”, there are some essentials that you need to have, and we’ve compiled the list here for you.
- The Food -
- There is no BBQ without food, so make sure you have something for everyone! You can go authentic with brisket and slaw, or you can stick with the good ol’ hamburgers and hot dogs combo. Of course everything in between works great too! You could even have everyone bring their own homemade dish for a potluck, which also helps if someone has food preferences or allergies. Sharing food together is one of the best life experiences we can have.
- If you have a gas BBQ, make sure you have an extra tank of gas, or refill your existing tank before your big event. You don’t wanna be the guy who ran out of gas and served boiled hot dogs.
- The Drinks -
- Cater to everyone in your group and stock up on a mix of juice, sodas, and bottled water. Mixed drinks and beer are always an adult crowd favorite so having a variety here helps as well. Our favorite summer drink? Strawberry Lemonade, which can be turned alcoholic with a splash of vodka, if that’s your thing.
- The Sounds
- Keep your atmosphere upbeat and lively with a playlist chosen beforehand, or you can stick with a streaming radio like Pandora or Spotify. Party jukebox apps, like playmenext, allow your guests to choose music for a party playlist from their own smartphones, so that everyone will get their favorite songs played.
- The Activities
- Bust out the games! Now you don’t have to be picky, the games are endless..
- Classic board games
- Splashing around in the pool
- Card games
- Mobile games (group games, like Heads Up! Or Catch Phrase)
- Console games (Little Big Planet, JackBox Party Pack, etc)
- Yard games (relays, bean bag toss, Frisbee)
- For your music, remember to have a quality speaker on hand to reach all your guests. Our Bluetooth AX410 is rugged, surprisingly loud, and can even resist water (or maybe even beer). Best of all it’s wireless Bluetooth so you don’t have to mess with wires or leave your phone next to the speaker. Put your phone in your pocket and move around, control your music from anywhere without worrying about anyone dropping food or water on it. It’ll last all night, which your BBQ will definitely need.
Now get out in your backyard, the park, the beach, or to that tailgate, and BBQ up some grub with the people that mean the most to you… And be sure to tag us in your photos on social media! We love to see our gear party.